Dikembe Mutombo Net Worth: Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo – commonly Dikembe Mutombo – was born on 25 June 1966, in Leopoldville, Democratic Republic of Congo, and is known as a former star basketball player in the NBA, respected as one of the best ever defensive players and shot blockers. In addition, Dikembe is also popular for his humanitarian work.who has a net worth of $75 million.
Check out the below article to know the complete information regarding Dikembe Mutombo Networth 2018 in dollars, His Salary Per Year and Month, Houses, Cars, and his other Investments details.
Dikembe Mutombo Net Worth 2018 @ $75 million
Dikembe Mutombo Net Worth: $75 million
- Dikembe Mutombo is a retired professional basketball player who has a net worth of $75 million.
- During his playing career, Dikembe Mutombo earned over $140 million in salary before taxes.
- Dikembe Mutombo has earned his net worth through his career in the NBA playing for teams such as Denver Nuggets, Philadelphia 76 er’s, New Jersey Nets, Atlanta Hawks, New York Nicks and his most recent, the Houston Rockets.
Earnings overview: (Dikembe Mutombo networth over the years)
- In 2000-Salary from Atlanta Hawks-$14,400,000
- In 2001-Salary from Philadelphia 76ers-$14,316,000
- In 2002-Salary from New Jersey Nets-$16,105,000
- In 2003-Salary from New Jersey Nets-$13,627,000
- In 2004-Salary from New York Knicks-$14,989,000
- In 2005-Salary from Houston Rockets-$2,000,000
- In 2006-Salary from Houston Rockets-$2,210,000
- In 2007-Salary from Houston Rockets-$1,220,000
- In 2008-Salary from Houston Rockets-$794,491
Dikembe Mutombo House and Cars
Dikembe Mutombo’s House Villanova, Pennsylvania (PA), US:
The professional basketball player owns this home. He purchased the 5-bed, 7.5-bath, 10,900 sq ft home in August of 2001, from professional basketball player Theo Ratliffe, for $2.8M, according to public records.
Dikembe Mutombo’s House (former)Potomac, Maryland (MD), US :
The former professional basketball player lived here until 2002. His only other current Maryland property is a townhouse he owns in the German town.
In July of 1996, the Hawks made a splash by signing the 7’2″ Dikembe Mutombo, who was a free agent after five years with the Denver Nuggets.He originally intended to become a physician. Mutombo had led the NBA in blocked shots the past three seasons and earned the NBA’s Defensive Player of the Year award in 1995.
Dikembe had an immediate impact in the Hawks front court, leading the league in both blocks and rebounding in his first season in Atlanta while the team posted a 56-26 record and advanced to the Eastern Conference semifinals. The Hawks fell to the eventual champion Chicago Bulls in the second round despite Mutombo’s postseason averages of 15 points and 12 rebounds per game.
In five seasons with the Hawks, Dikembe led the team to the playoffs three times, made three All-Star appearances, and was twice named the league’s Defensive Player of the Year. He is one of only three players to record over 1,000 blocks as a Hawk and ranks third in franchise history for rebounds per game.
Mutombo is the Chairman and President of the Dikembe Mutombo Foundation which he created in 1997. Located in Atlanta, Georgia the Foundation’s mission is to improve the health, education, and quality of life for the people in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. One major project was the construction of the Biamba Marie Mutombo hospital in the capital city of Kinshasa, DR Congo.
Mutombo was to marry Michelle Roberts, a medical student, in 1994. However, the wedding was canceled when Roberts refused to sign a prenuptial agreement the day before the wedding.
In 1987, Mutombo’s 6’10” older brother, Ilo, began playing college basketball in Division II for the Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles as a 26-year-old freshman. The brothers played against each other in a 1990 game at the Capital Centre. He eventually married his wife, Rose, who is also from the Democratic Republic of the Congo. They have six children, four of whom are adopted.
Mutombo was awarded an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters by the State University of New York College at Cortland in 2004.In November 2015, the NCAA announced Mutombo as a recipient of its Silver Anniversary Awards for 2016.
- Source of Wealth: Basketball
- Birth Place: Kinshasa, DR Congo
- Height : 7′ 2 ” (2.18 m)
- Marital Status: Married (Rose)
- Full Name: Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo
- Nationality: Congolese/American
- Date of Birth: June 25, 1966
- Weight: 260 lb (118 kg)
- Occupation: Retired Basketball Player
- Education: Georgetown University
- Children: 6