Barack Obama Net Worth 2023 | Salary | House | Cars | Biography
$ 40 Million
Barack Obama Net Worth: Barack Hussein Obama II is an American politician who served as the 44th President of the United States from 2009 to 2017. The first African American to assume the presidency, he previously served as a United States Senator, representing Illinois from 2005 to 2008. He also served in the Illinois State Senate from 1997 to 2004. He has a net worth of $40 million.
Check out the below article to know the complete information regarding Barack Obama Networth, His Salary, Houses, Cars, Wiki, and his other Investments details.
Barack Obama Net Worth 2023 @ $40 Million
How much is Barack Obama Worth?
Barack Obama is a former Senator from Illinois and the 44th President of the United States who has a net worth of $40 million.
Barack Obama earned $400,000 a year throughout his entire eight-year term as President of the United States. On April 15, 2016, Mr. Obama released his 2015 tax returns, which showed that he and his wife filed jointly and reported an adjusted gross income of $436,065. They paid $81,472 in taxes according to their 18.7 percent tax rate. They also donated a total of $64,066 to more than 30 charities.
Barack Obama Net Worth – How he earned it:
Barack Obama earned his net worth primarily from the sales of his books The Audacity of Hope and Dreams of my Father. Barack’s wallet began to expand after his much-praised keynote speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention that marked his explosion onto the national conscience. As Obama’s profile rose, so did sales of his 1995 book “Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance”. In 2005, the Obama’s income grew from around $200,000 to a combined $1.7 million! In 2006 the Obamas reported income of $916,000.
Barack’s second book “Audacity of Hope”, released in October 2006, was a massive hit, selling millions of copies and rocketing the Obama’s income to $4.2 million in 2007! Their income continued to swell in the following years thanks to Barack’s 2008 successful campaign and election. To this day, Barack Obama earns $3.75 for every hardcover copy and $1.12 for every paperback he sells.
Barack Obama Salary Per Year | Per Month | Per Day
Click the below figures to know the Barack Obama’s Salary as a President, before President, and after Presidency.
President Barack Obama’s base salary was $400,000 a year. He also had access to a $150,000 expense account as well as a $100,000 tax-free travel account and $20,000 entertainment budget.
The Obama Family Income History:
- 2000: $240,000
- 2001: $272,759
- 2002: $259,394
- 2003: $238,327
- 2004: $207,647
- 2005: $1,655,106
- 2006: $983,826
- 2007: $4,139,965
- 2008: $2,656,902
- 2009: $5,505,409
- 2010: $1,728,096
- 2011: $789,674
- 2012: $662,076
- 2013: $481,098
- 2014: $477,383
A Timeline of Barack Obama’s Wealth:
Here’s a timeline of his earnings over the years, as chronicled by Business Insider:
- 2004: He earned a salary of $80,287 from the Illinois State Senate and $32,144 from the University of Chicago Law School where he taught. The former president also had assets in four financial funds worth between $50,000 and $100,000 each.
- 2005: Obama signed a multi-book deal with Random House and received a $1.9 million advance for “The Audacity of Hope,” plus royalties, following his appearance at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. Also that year he earned just over $847,000 off another book advance, plus $378,000 off additional book royalties. Meanwhile, his investments grew with the addition of a Nuveen Floating Rate Income Fund valued between $50,000 and $100,000. He also reported deposit accounts valued between $150,000 and $350,000.
- 2006: Obama reported book royalties of just under $150,000, plus $425,000 off an additional book advance. He also acquired publicly-traded assets worth tens of thousands, including funds with Goldman Sachs and Vanguard.
- 2007: Obama earned $3.3 million off book royalties from Random House and $816,000 from Dystel & Goderich Literary Management. He acquired a Northern Municipal Money Market Fund valued between $1 million and $5 million, in addition to U.S. Treasury notes valued between $500,000 and $1 million. For his daughters, he invested in two 529 college savings plans valued around $200,000 each.
- 2008: When Obama was elected president, he owned somewhere between $1 million and $5.1 million in U.S. Treasury bills.
- 2009: Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, which came with a $1.4 million award. He donated it to an assortment of charities.
- 2009-2015: Obama earned $400,000 a year as president and continued to earn book royalties, as well as interest on his investments.
- 2016-2017: Obama receives an annual pension of more than $200,000 after leaving the White House, according to Newsweek. He also receives fees as large as $400,000 for public speaking events.
Barack Obama House and Cars Collection
Barack Obama House & Property (Barack Obama House Address):
After calling Washington, D.C. home for eight years, President Barack Obama and his wife, Michelle, have put down permanent roots in the city: They officially purchased the mansion they’ve been renting, for $8.1 million
Located just two miles from the White House, the Obamas’ new 8,200-square-foot house has nine bedrooms and 8½ bathrooms — plenty of space for the former first family.
Barack Obama Personal Car:
As for Obama, he and Michelle own a 2008 Ford Escape hybrid.
Barack Obama Biography | Wiki
Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, and is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School. While at Harvard Law School, he was the president of the Harvard Law Review. During law school, Obama worked as a community organizer in Chicago. After graduation Obama worked as a civil rights attorney in Chicago and from 1992 to 2004 he taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School.
Obama served three terms in the Illinois Senate and is the first African-American President of the United States. Obama was born August 4, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii. He is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School.
In June 1989, he met Michelle Robinson while working as a summer associate for Sidney Austin’s Chicago law firm. Three years later, they got married and has two daughters, Malia Ann and Natasha.
One of the events that brought him national attention was his keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004. Barack Obama was elected as the 44th President of the United States in November 2008 and took office in January 2009.
His historic run for the presidency helped him sell millions of copies of his two books, Dreams of My Father and The Audacity of Hope, during the campaign. He sold another 100,000 copies the week following his election. In 2009, the president earned an advance for an abridged version of Dreams for young adults; the deal made him the first sitting president in recent memory to receive a book advance while in office. The real money will be made years from now: Obama could certainly earn tens of millions of dollars a year giving speeches full time.
Some of the achievements during his term as president of the United States includes the Affordable Care Act also known as Obamacare, which he signed on March 23, 2010, and the passage of the America Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. His term as president ended on January 20, 2017.
Quick Facts about Barack Obama:
|Full Name||Barack Obama|
|Net Worth||$40 Million|
|Date Of Birth||August 4, 1961|
|Place Of Birth||Honolulu, Hawaii, United States|
|Height||6 ft (1.85 m)|
|Weight||176 lbs (80 kg)|
|Profession||Politician, Lawyer, Writer, Author, Law professor, 44th and first African-American President of the United States|
|Education||Columbia University, Harvard Law School|
|Spouse||Michelle Obama (m. 1992)|
|Children||Malia Ann Obama, Natasha Obama|
|Parents||Ann Dunham, Barack Obama, Sr.|
|Siblings||Maya Soetoro-Ng, Malik Obama, Auma Obama, Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo, David Ndesandjo, George Obama, Bernard Obama, Abo Obama, Maya Soetoro-Ng, Malik Obama, Auma Obama, Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo, David Ndesandjo, George Obama, Bernard Obama, Abo Obama|
|Nicknames||Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. , Barack Hussein Obama , Obama , President Obama , Barack H. Obama II , Barack Hussein Obama II , Barack Obama II , President Barack Hussein Obama II , Sen. Barack Obama , Barak Obama|
|Awards||Nobel Peace Prize (2009), Time’s Person of the Year (2012, 2008), Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album (2006, 2008), NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work, Nonfiction (2007), NME Award for Hero of the Year (2013), NAACP Image Award – Chairman’s Award (2005)|
|Nominations||Blimp Award for Cutest Couple (2010), News & Documentary Emmy Award for Outstanding Interview (2016), Shorty Award for Government (2011), Teen Choice Award for Choice Twitter Personality (2013), Goodreads Choice Awards Best Picture Books (2010)|
|TV Shows||Crossfire, Crossfire|
Barack Obama Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Snapchat
Hope you like this Barack Obama Networth article. If you like this, then please share it with your friends… This above post is all about the estimated earnings of Barack Obama. Do you have any queries, then feel free to ask via comment section.